Rosewater is flavored water made by steeping rose petals in water. Additionally, it is the hydrosol portion of the distillate of rose petals.
Rosewater helped ease redness and irritation caused by rosacea. This is a skin condition that causes facial redness, red bumps, and visible blood vessels. In addition, rose water helps treat mild acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dry flaking skin on the face.
Regular use of rose toner will keep the skin free of extra oil and help prevent blackheads, whiteheads, acne, and pimple. Using rose water as toner is better than using chemical-based toners, which might dry out the skin. In addition, Rosewater has soothing properties and can use as a natural skin toner.
As a gentle antiseptic and astringent, it can help cleanse the skin and prevent blemishes. Anti-inflammatory properties enable Rose Extract to help minimize redness and soothe irritation – making it ideal for all skin types (dry, mature, sensitive) because of its calming and healing abilities.
What does Rose toner do to the skin?
- Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
- Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis, and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores.
- Rosewater helps hydrate the skin giving it that refreshed look.
- Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts, and wounds.
- The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
- Rosewater helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
- The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed.
- The nourishing and moisturizing properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalizes hair growth.
- The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
- It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.